Quaterly General French Course (spring)
The Quarterly General French Course (Spring) offered by the Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne is a complete linguistic package designed for international students who intend to strengthen their mastery of the French language. This intensive course takes place in the spring and offers an exhaustive program that covers all aspects of the French language.
French language courses are obviously at the core of this program: students have the opportunity to progress in their mastery of French by focusing on essential elements such as grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, and written and oral expression. These courses aim to strengthen their foundations and help students develop their language skills in a balanced way.
An essential aspect of this course is the teaching of phonetics with laboratory, an essential component of the CCFS linguistic offer. Students have the opportunity to work on their pronunciation, which is crucial for clear and effective communication in French. Phonetic labs allow students to practice, record their pronunciation, and receive specific feedback to improve their phonetic skills. By improving their pronunciation, students also strengthen their oral comprehension and expression, which contributes to better communication in French.
Regular assessment of student work and progress is another key feature of this course. This continuous evaluation allows teachers to monitor students’ progress and help them target their specific needs in order to strengthen their language skills. The emphasis is on constant improvement, which means students receive regular feedback to guide them towards achieving their goals.
This 150-hour program is composed of:
– language courses which allow students to progress in their mastery of French (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, written and oral expression),
– phonetics lessons with a laboratory which allow students to improve their pronunciation, but also their understanding and expression.
From Monday to Friday, this formula offers:
– 15 hours per week of French lessons for 8 weeks.
– 5 hours per week of phonetics lessons with laboratory for 6 weeks.
This program allows you to progress in French in a short 8-week format.
Validation of acquired knowledge
Continuous assessment during language and phonetics courses (regular evaluation of work and progress) and final exam validating the language courses.
A language certificate is issued at the end of the program upon successful completion.
This training is aimed at young adults and adults wishing to acquire and develop their French language skills.
You must be at least 18 years old and hold a diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education.
Manual and/or authentic documents (audio, visual and written) provided by the teacher.
Workbook and exercises created by the teacher.
This course does not allow students from outside the European Union to obtain a student visa.
– Admission to the course is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course) and after validation of the registration file.
– A registration certificate is issued after payment of a deposit and presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of secondary school diploma, identity photo).
– A mandatory online placement test assigns a level to students before classes begin. An additional test may be requested from the student in certain specific cases.
– Registration is done online or directly at the admissions office of the institution by paying a deposit of 30% of the course price.
– An annual enrolment fee of 75 euros is applied upon registration.
Detailed information on registration procedures can be found here.