General French Evening Course
Spring / Fall
As part of the Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne linguistic offer, general French evening courses are an extremely beneficial learning option for international students who wish to improve their level of French. The evening course allows them to improve their level of French at an accelerated pace while taking advantage of the flexible schedules that characterize this formula.
General French evening courses are designed to help students progress quickly in their mastery of the language through structured teaching, which reinforces grammar, vocabulary and communication skills, both spoken and written. One of the main advantages of these courses is of course its adaptability to the schedules of international students who may sometimes work part-time jobs, attend daytime classes or other commitments. Evening classes allow them to combine their French studies with their busy schedule. General French evening courses are relatively intensive, meaning that students will progress at a rapid pace. This allows international students to reach a certain level of proficiency in a limited period of time. These courses are also structured to meet the individual needs of students. Whether you want to focus more on oral, written, or professional skills, CCFS teachers will meet your needs effectively. Evening classes often bring together international students from diverse backgrounds, providing an ideal opportunity to interact with people from different cultures. For international students planning to live in France for higher education, employment or other reasons, general French evening classes provide an excellent preparation. It promotes faster integration into French society by improving mastery of the language, the ability to communicate and understand French culture.
– Progress in mastering French (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, written and oral expression).
– Reinforce and structure the linguistic knowledge already acquired.
– Develop the level of general French through work on the 5 skills (listening, speaking, interacting, reading, writing).
During the semester, this formula offers 72 hours of lessons over 12 weeks, at a rate of 6 hours of lessons per week. 2 hours of language lessons on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. or from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Each class session is devoted to different aspects (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, written and oral expression).
This program allows you to progress at an accelerated pace to capitalize on students’ acquired knowledge for academic, professional and/or personal purposes, with a communicative approach focused on learning the structures of the language.
This training, which favors the grammatical axis to develop the 5 skills, makes it possible to complete and structure the knowledge of the language often acquired spontaneously by listening to people speak.
Validation of acquired knowledge
Continuous monitoring (regular evaluation of work and progress).
A language certificate is issued upon successful completion.
This training is aimed at a public who are often already part of French life through their profession or private life and who wish to improve their level of French.
You must be at least 18 years old, hold a diploma or certificate of completion of secondary studies and be in compliance with residence formalities (nationality, visa, residence permit, etc.).
Manual, authentic documents (audio, visual and written) miscellaneous. Workbook and exercises created by the teacher.
This course does not meet the criteria for obtaining a student visa for students outside the European Union.
– Admission to the course is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course) and after validation of the registration file.
– A registration certificate is issued after payment of a deposit and presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of secondary school diploma, identity photo).
– A mandatory online placement test assigns a level to students before classes begin. An additional test may be requested from the student in certain specific cases.
– Registration is done online or directly at the admissions office of the institution by paying a deposit of 30% of the course price.
– An annual enrolment fee of 75 euros is applied upon registration.
Detailed information on registration procedures can be found here.