Annual General & Reinforced French Course
AN40 / AN70
Annual / Winter
Learning French et the Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne is an exciting adventure that opens the door to new cultural, professional and personal perspectives. Two types of courses are particularly useful for French learners: general French courses and intensive French courses. These programs offer a rich learning experience, focused on acquiring language skills, mastering pronunciation through phonetics, and exploring French civilization through lectures.
General French courses are designed for students who want to acquire strong language skills and immerse themselves in French culture. These courses cover various aspects of the language, including grammar, conjugation, spelling and vocabulary. Students learn to express themselves fluently, both written and spoken, allowing them to communicate effectively in a variety of situations. The emphasis is placed on understanding literary texts, which allows students to explore the richness of French literature. Phonetics lessons at the CCFS are an essential element of the learning process, helping learners improve their pronunciation. Phonetics teaches not only how to properly pronounce French sounds and accent, but also how to understand phonetics in a conversational context. This improves listening comprehension, which is crucial for effective communication in French. Lectures on French Civilization are an invaluable component of these programs: they provide in-depth insight into French history, culture, art, literature and society. These conferences are thus an opportunity to explore French heritage from many angles and to discover what makes France unique.
Intensive French courses are intended for learners who wish to progress quickly in their mastery of French. These courses are more condensed, offering a more sustained pace of learning. They cover the same aspects of the language as general French courses, but at an accelerated pace. Intensive learners devote more hours of study per week, which strengthens their immersion in the French language.
Phonetics lessons are particularly effective in intensive programs, as they allow students to quickly perfect their pronunciation. The intensity of learning promotes rapid improvement in oral comprehension and oral expression. This means that intensive students can achieve a high level of proficiency in French in a relatively short period of time.
From Monday to Friday, this formula offers reinforced language courses over 24 weeks to allow students to progress quickly in mastering French.
This 24-week annual course contains two semesters of reinforced language and civilization courses:
– An autumn semester, from September to December.
– A spring semester, from January to May.
During the autumn semester, this formula offers from Monday to Friday:
- French language courses (3 hours per day / 15 hours per week) which allow students to progress in their mastery of French (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, written and oral expression),
- phonetics lessons with laboratory (1 hour per day / 5 hours per week) which allow students to improve their pronunciation, but also their understanding and expression.
During the spring semester, this formula offers from Monday to Friday:
- French language courses (10 hours per week) which allow students to progress in their mastery of French (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, written and oral expression),
- phonetics lessons with laboratory (5 hours every other week) which allow students to improve their pronunciation, but also their understanding and expression,
- weekly conferences on various aspects of French civilization (from 45 to 90 hours in total depending on the option chosen),
- optional, language reinforcement (2 hours of written expression and 2 hours of oral expression per week)
Detailed information on French civilization conferences can be consulted here.
Strong points of the course
Depending on the level and involvement of the student, it is possible to progress by 2 language levels during this year.
Validation of acquired knowledge
Continuous monitoring (regular evaluation of work and progress).
A language certificate is issued upon successful completion.
You must be at least 18 years old and hold a diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education. You must also be in compliance with residence formalities (nationality, visa, residence permit, etc.).
Course textbooks, audio and visual materials, workbooks, reading books, access to online resources, communication materials, cultural materials and materials for group activities.
This course meets the criteria for obtaining a student visa for students from outside the European Union.
– Admission to the course is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course) and after validation of the registration file.
– A registration certificate is issued after payment of a deposit and presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of secondary school diploma, identity photo).
– A mandatory online placement test assigns a level to students before classes begin. An additional test may be requested from the student in certain specific cases.
– Registration is done online or directly at the admissions office of the institution by paying a deposit of 30% of the course price.
– An annual enrolment fee of 75 euros is applied upon registration.
Detailed information on registration procedures can be found here.