Semester Intensive French Course
Spring / Fall
The semester-long intensive French course at the CCFS offers many benefits for learners wishing to improve their level of general French and acquire essential language skills. These programs combine language courses, phonetics lessons, lectures on French culture and civilization for a complete learning experience. An intensive French course emphasizes language immersion, helping learners progress quickly.
They are exposed to the language on a daily basis, which promotes the improvement of their understanding, oral and written expression. This semester course covers grammar, vocabulary and conjugation in depth, providing a solid foundation for expressing and communicating in French. During this period, international students acquire the tools necessary to construct correct and precise sentences. Phonetics is also crucial for proper pronunciation and better oral comprehension of the French language ; the phonetics courses offered by CCFS help students perfect their accent and understand the nuances of pronunciation. The semester-long intensive French course is accompanied by lectures on French culture and civilization that allow international students to discover the rich history, literature, art, as well as geography of France, including urban life of Paris and the regions. These lectures on French culture and civilization are also an ideal opportunity to improve oral comprehension through lectures and discussions on various topics, which strengthens students’ ability to understand spoken French. The skills learned in this semester-long intensive French course are useful in a variety of contexts, whether for informal conversations, professional interactions, or travel in France. This provides valuable versatility in language use, including from an academic and professional perspective. Improving the level of French and language skills is indeed a considerable asset for students and professionals seeking to pursue higher education in France or to work in environments where French is required.
– Enhance the level of general French through work on the 5 skills (listening, speaking, interacting, reading and writing).
– Acquire solid linguistic foundations (grammar, vocabulary, conjugation) to express yourself and communicate both orally and in writing.
– Improve your oral comprehension through listening exercises for sounds, words and sentences.
– Improve/perfect your pronunciation and fluency with repetition and systematization exercises and personalized phonetic correction.
– Discover French culture and civilization while improving your level of oral comprehension (history, literature, art, Paris and the regions).
– Consolidate skills: written expression/comprehension as well as oral expression/comprehension.
– 20 hours of language lessons which allow students to progress in their mastery of French (grammar, conjugation, spelling, vocabulary, approach to literary texts, press articles, written and oral expression).
– 5 hours of phonetics lessons which allow students to improve their pronunciation, comprehension and expression.
This program brings together the 3 areas of historical expertise recognized throughout the world: oral and written language, phonetics and French civilization. It also offers oral and written reinforcement for those who wish to accentuate their learning in these two skills.
This 12-week formula with the same group allows you to validate a complete level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Validation of acquired knowledge
Continuous assessment during language and phonetics courses (regular evaluation of work and progress) and final exam validating the language courses.
A language certificate is issued at the end of the program upon successful completion.
This training is aimed at young adults and adults wishing to acquire and develop their French language skills.
You must be at least 18 years old, hold a diploma or certificate of completion of secondary studies and be in compliance with residence formalities (nationality, visa, residence permit, etc.).
Manual and/or authentic documents (audio, visual and written) provided by the teacher.
Workbook and exercises created by the teacher
This course also meets the criteria for obtaining a student visa for students from outside the European Union.
– Admission to the course is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course) and after validation of the registration file.
– A registration certificate is issued after payment of a deposit and presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of secondary school diploma, identity photo).
– A mandatory online placement test assigns a level to the students before classes begin. An additional test may be requested from the student in certain specific cases.
– Registration is done online or directly at the admissions office of the institution by paying a deposit of 30% of the course price.
– An annual enrolment fee of 75 euros is applied upon registration.
Detailed information on registration procedures can be found here.