Quarterly Business French Course
S11 / S21
Spring / Fall
Taking a 3-month business French course has many benefits for individuals looking to improve their professional French skills. These programs offer a combination of French language teaching, phonetics, lectures on French civilization, as well as sessions dedicated to oral and professional writing.
By taking this 12 weeks course as part of CCFS, international students have a solid foundation for mastery of the French language and acquire business-specific vocabulary, learn appropriate grammar and perfect their pronunciation. Phonetics lessons help students pronounce words correctly and improve their listening comprehension, with phonetics labs providing practical exercises to refine pronunciation. This business French course features lectures on French civilization that provide a deeper understanding of French culture, history and customs. This can be particularly useful for those who regularly interact with French/French-speaking business partners. The 3-month course includes sessions on professional speaking, covering areas such as job interviews, annual reviews, meetings and telephone interviews. Here students learn to communicate effectively in a professional context.
Students also focus on writing CVs, cover letters, administrative emails, reports and summary notes. Learners learn essential skills to produce high-quality professional documents. Through the analysis of articles from the economic and professional press, students learn to decipher and understand specialized articles, thus improving their understanding of the business environment. The multiple skills acquired during these courses are a major asset in the job market, particularly for those working in international companies or in contact with French-speaking clients. In addition, business French courses often bring together professionals from diverse backgrounds, therefore offering students the opportunity to make connections and develop their professional network.
From Monday to Friday, this formula offers language courses which allow students to progress in their mastery of French and business language.
The course offers over 12 weeks:
– French language lessons (10 hours per week).
– Phonetics lessons with laboratory (5 hours every other week).
– Depending on the option chosen, access to French civilization conferences (9 hours per week for 10 weeks).
Depending on the levels and needs of the class group, the following are addressed:
– professional speaking (job interview, annual evaluation interview, meeting, telephone interview)
– professional writing (CV, cover letter, administrative emails, report, summary note)
– analysis of articles from the economic and professional press.
Phonetics laboratory lessons (30 hours in total) also allow students to improve their pronunciation, but also their understanding and expression.
The “French civilization conferences” option (90 hours in total) gives access to the entire program of French civilization conferences during the term.
Detailed information on French civilization conferences can be consulted here.
The communicative approach centered on the structures of the language is favored.
Many role plays and simulations are practiced in class.
Validation of acquired knowledge
Continuous monitoring (regular evaluation of work and progress).
A language certificate is issued upon successful completion.
A certificate attesting to the number of course hours completed is issued at the end of the month.
You must be at least 18 years old and hold a diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education. Depending on the level chosen, you must also be in compliance with residence formalities (nationality, visa, residence permit, etc.).
Course textbooks, audio and visual materials, workbooks, reading books, access to online resources, communication materials, cultural materials and materials for group activities.
The course with the “civilization conferences” option meets the criteria for obtaining a student visa for students outside the European Union.
– Level B1 is required to register for this course
– Admission to the course is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course) and after validation of the registration file.
– A registration certificate is issued after payment of a deposit and presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of secondary school diploma, identity photo).
– A mandatory online placement test assigns a level to students before classes begin. An additional test may be requested from the student in certain specific cases.
– Registration is done online or directly at the admissions office of the institution by paying a deposit of 30% of the course price.
– An annual enrolment fee of 75 euros is applied upon registration.
Detailed information on registration procedures can be found here.