All overseas students spending more than three months in France and attending over twenty hours of lessons a week must register for student social security.
Registration for social security (health insurance) is free and mandatory for every foreign student with student visa.
- with 20 hours courses per week (full time students)
- With student visa, resident permit or valid receipt.
Registration online: https://etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr
The documents you will have to upload to apply for a temporary social security number
- identity (passport)
- long stay visa
- registration certificate
- French bank information (RIB) to receive the refunds
- Birth certificate (with name of the parents)
ARE DISPENSED OF AFFILIATION:
- European Union students, possessing their European insurance card.
- Students who have a job (at least 120 h per trimester without any interruption during the whole year) can be affiliated by their boss.
There is no condition of age anymore.