What is the FLE label?
FLE – “français langue étrangère” or French as a foreign language – identifies and promote French language schools whose teachings offer significant guarantees of quality.
Created in 2007 by decree, the FLE quality label is issued by several French Ministries – Europe and Foreign Affairs; Education, Research and Innovation; and Culture.
Through this label, public authorities support a French network of institutes and alliances in their development of reliable linguistic teachings
By ensuring a constant optimization of all courses offered by certified centers and establishments, the FLE label guarantees a linguistic offer suitable to the needs of the public, especially international students.
The Cours de Civilisation de La Sorbonne (Sorbonne’s French civilization courses) have thus obtained this quality label thanks to the effective and innovative teaching methods of their professors, as well as the framework provided to students wishing to learn French
The FLE labeling process presupposes compliance with several criteria relating to 5 fundamental areas:
- Training and teaching: the teachings offered by the center or school must fall within the common European framework of reference for languages. Students shall receive a certificate attesting to their level at the end of their training.
- Teachers and staff: labeled establishments demonstrate a high level of competence, professors being recruited according to specific procedures.
- Reception and support: students must have access to all information that will allow them to choose a school according to their real needs. Establishments that benefit from the FLE label must provide an efficient and welcoming environment
- Premises and equipment: students and teachers in a FLE-labeled establishment should benefit from good work conditions, the premises obviously having to meet safety standards and regulations. The working environment must be highly qualitative and therefore requires quality equipment
- Management: establishments with the FLE label set their strategic objectives and are committed to maintaining the quality of teaching and ethics